Tuesday 16 August 2016

Lublin ...my home for the next few months.




It was early on Saturday that I got my call from President, maybe 8am, which was weird as president Edgren would do them much later. Kind of unexpected. When he told me I would be leaving I was already anticipating that.   I wasn't expecting to come to Lublin though and then he told me that he feels he needs me to be zone leader of Warsaw, another shock, and then that I would be doing it alone - mental! 

Monday I was travelling from 9am,  I had a stop in Warsaw for an hour.  Elder Taylor was there, sisters Kamp, Demordaunt and Dekker. A bunch of others too.   Elder Huffman and myself left for Lublin and had another 2.5 hour long train ride. We just chatted the whole time and had a laugh.  Got into Lublin at 3pm yesterday. Had a good rest last night.   Elder Huffman is the DL here.  His companion is Elder Lange, a German elder in his 2nd transfer.  I am serving with Elder Kapela who is a Polish service missionary.  I'm in a district with 4 different nationalities.  

I'm the oldest proper missionary in the district, which is weird as I have to step up now!  I can't give the phone to someone older as I'm the one they give the phone to when they don't understand. I can't hide anymore.

I'm slowly learning my responsibilities as zone leader. Although I'll receive proper instruction in a few days from the AP's. Now I just have to get to know my Zone and make sure everyone texts in when they get home. MLC is on Thursday so I have to go back out to Warsaw. I'll be there through the day and will go through with president what he wants us to teach during zone training. Which is in 10 days. 

Strike a pose


5 for me

The street of Poland Warsaw Missionary Legends 


Many Mars Bars and drinks were bought here. This Żabka is my 3rd home 

Good ol' Księga Mormona

On the monument is written, 'Of God, for freedom, right, and bread'

Inside Zamek

Last Sports saturday


Bozena insisted we had some photos taken together.


Lublin, my home for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts